Specialist Family Violence Advisor - Mental Health
- Thrive professionally in providing your clinical leadership expertise to Mental Health Services
- Ongoing training and professional development in a supported work environment
- Enjoy working in a great location - close to the CBD of Geelong and our vibrant waterfront
About the facility
Mental Health, Drug & Alcohol Services (MHDAS) provides integrated and recovery oriented mental health, and drugs and alcohol assessment, treatment and support to people of all ages and their families within the Barwon region experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, mental health and drug & alcohol issues.
About the role
Barwon Health is seeking a senior clinician with extensive experience in family violence settings and leadership to deliver the new Specialist Family Violence Advisor Mental Health position. The Advisor will drive service development, capacity building and sector collaboration to increase the capacity of MHDAS to recognise and respond appropriately to family violence at both the organisation and individual clinician levels.
We are seeking either:
- Gr 3 Social Worker, Psychologist, or Occupational Therapist
- Gr 4 Psychiatric Nurse
- Related allied health or community services discipline
About the culture
We promote positive respectful relationships and strong working partnerships in the workplace and in the community. As a service we are focussed on providing the highest quality patient centred care. Apply today to gain satisfaction from the positive difference that our programs make to members of our community.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Be our future Barwon Health Strategic Plan
- Aboriginal Employment Plan
- Our Commitment to Child Safety
- At Barwon Health we harness a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We will embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Our organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of our staff and consumers including children, and have appropriate recruitment resources in place to ensure background checks and reference checks are completed.
- At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
- We Barwon Health is proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: