- Great central location at University Hospital Geelong
- Graduate Accountant to fill a Temporary Full Time Opportunity until August 2019
- Ongoing training and professional development in a supported work environment
About the facility
Barwon Health Corporate Finance is responsible for the management of all financial aspects of the organisation, including internal and external reporting. The Finance Department offers a positive, vibrant and friendly work environment that actively encourages initiative and new ideas.
About the role
This is a great opportunity for a graduate accountant to join the Barwon Health Financial Control Team.
This role will contribute to the accurate, timely and effective recording, reporting and analysis of financial information to support the organisation in achieving its objectives. A focus on continuous improvement and promoting teamwork and customer service will be central to the success of this role.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Completion of month end and year end duties
- Timely preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of reports for the Barwon Health Board Finance Committee, Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and other relevant bodies as required.
The successful applicant will hold a relevant University accounting or commerce qualification, or be nearing completion.
About the culture
The Finance Department offers a vibrant, positive and friendly working environment that actively encourages initiative and new ideas. You will work with an innovative team who maintain extensive knowledge and experience.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Be our future Barwon Health Strategic Plan
- Aboriginal Employment Plan
- Our Commitment to Child Safety
- At Barwon Health we harness a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We will embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Our organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of our staff and consumers including children, and have appropriate recruitment resources in place to ensure background checks and reference checks are completed.
- At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
- We Barwon Health is proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: