Visiting Medical Specialist - General Surgery
- Centrally located at University Hospital, only minutes from the vibrant waterfront
- Ongoing training and professional development in a supported work environment
- Enhance your career with the largest regional health care service in Victoria
About the facility
The University Hospital Geelong is a 400-bed Deakin University affiliated teaching Hospital in a beautiful bay city setting with access to a renowned surf coast with excellent lifestyle and sporting facilities. There are many local cultural activities and only 55 minutes from the extensive facilities of Melbourne, the State capital.
About the role
Applications are invited for a Visiting Medical Specialist - General Surgery position at Barwon Health, University Hospital Geelong. Applicants must have a FRACS and be registrable in Victoria.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate strong clinical skills and knowledge as well as possessing excellent communication and interpersonal aptitudes. A high level of commitment to top quality patient care is essential.
About the culture
Our staff thrive in a challenging environment, get enjoyment from being part of a highly recognised and skilled team and truly believe they have the opportunities to be their best. Most importantly our dedicated staff live the Barwon Health way with our values under pinning all that we do.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Be our future Barwon Health Strategic Plan
- Aboriginal Employment Plan
- Our Commitment to Child Safety
- At Barwon Health we harness a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We will embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Our organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of our staff and consumers including children, and have appropriate recruitment resources in place to ensure background checks and reference checks are completed.
- At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
- We Barwon Health is proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: