Anaesthetic/recovery Room Nurse
- Gain invaluable experience in a permanent part time role within Surgical Services
- Excellent opportunity for career exposure and development
- Enjoy a role where you can work autonomously whilst being part of a supportive team
About the facility
Surgical Services at University Hospital, Geelong includes 10 operating rooms, anaesthesia and recovery, perioperative service and a discrete day procedure facility with a total of 16,000 operations a year across a number of surgical specialities.
About the role
Are you looking to join an organisation that is leading the way in health care? Would you like to be part of a diverse professional team? Then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
In this role you will be responsible for the provision of patient focused holistic nursing care to those assigned to you, in order to achieve desired clinical outcomes. Your role will be within this dynamic and challenging unit where teamwork is paramount and primary nursing is encouraged. You will have highly developed interpersonal skills as well as sound communication skills both verbal and written.
To be successful in this role, it is necessary that you can balance priorities to ensure timeframes are met. You will be able to proactively and correctly assesses possible problems and take actions to solve them accordingly, whilst building and maintaining the best possible relationships with patients and their families or carers.
About the culture
Working at Barwon Health means you will be part of a team providing high quality healthcare services to our communities, with a wide range of opportunities in diverse areas including Acute, Mental Health, Aged Care, Administration and Support Services. Through expanding our commitment and capacity for clinical service research and teaching, we aim to attract and retain the best quality staff, as we continue to be one of Victoria’s leading providers of direct healthcare and training to the healthcare sector.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Centrally located at University Hospital, only minutes from the vibrant waterfront
- Our Commitment to Child Safety
- Be our future Barwon Health Strategic Plan
- Aboriginal Employment Plan
To apply for this position, use a desktop rather than mobile device, as applying via Mercury is best optimised for desktops.
- At Barwon Health we harness a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We will embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Our organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of our staff and consumers including children, and have appropriate recruitment resources in place to ensure background checks and reference checks are completed.
- At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
- We Barwon Health is proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: