Manager, Government Relations (see Advertisement)
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
About the role
You'll lead the proactive management of WorkSafe Victoria's reputation and key external stakeholder relationships to build equity in our brand and support the achievement of organisation success. Government relations, stakeholder engagement and issues management will be key areas of responsibility whilst you are also a liaison point with the Minister's office. The ability to predict internal and external issues, risks and opportunities, liaise with all relevant stakeholders and manage business and community issues as they arise will stand you in good stead for this role.
- Lead the Government Relations team, and provide advice to support the Board, Chief Executive, Executive leadership team and Director Government Relations and Corporate Affairs on government relations issues.
- Manage Ministerial briefings, correspondence and Parliamentary materials, and work closely with senior WorkSafe Victoria leaders in developing policy and other briefings for the Minister.
- Strategically and effectively engage stakeholders particularly government and industry.
- Proactive reputation management, and risk and issues mitigation, including the development of an appropriate network among relevant internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain an issues management system which enables the identification and management of potential and actual business and community risks and issues to minimise reputational impacts to WorkSafe Victoria.
- Collaborate across functions and teams to ensure consistent messages via appropriate channels
- Ongoing focus on continuous improvement
Skills & experience
- Working understanding of the operations of government, policy or regulatory environments.
- Sound interpersonal skills and proven stakeholder engagement experience.
- Experience leading a team and managing resources.
- High-level conceptual and analytical skills combined with good judgement.
- Ability to engage at Board level as a trusted advisor in external affairs and reputational issues in a complex organisation at a state or national level.
- Proven ability to prepare briefing papers and identify and problem solve potential and actual issues.
- Ability to use political nous
Benefits & culture
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, contribution to gym memberships and prescription eye wear and discounted corporate health insurance rates. WorkSafe prides itself on being a great place to work.
Applications close 11th December 2018. Join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
For further enquiries please contact Narelle Bell on 03 4243 8839.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: