Senior Government Relations Adviser (see Advertisement)
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
About the role
You'll play an important part in the management of WorkSafe's reputation and key external stakeholder relationships to build equity in our brand and support business success. Reviewing and communicating WorkSafe's vision to Government and the broader community consistent with our WorkSafe 2030 strategy are among your responsibilities, along with simplifying our reporting requirements and delivering tailored products consistent with community expectations.
- Develop and deliver policy and other briefings for the Minister.
- Develop and maintain an issues management system which enables the identification and management of potential and actual business and community risks and issues to minimise reputational impacts to WorkSafe Victoria and the Minister.
- Provide high level advice to senior management on issues management including environmental scanning of issues in Victoria and other Australian parliaments.
- Lead the preparation and management of all Public Accounts and Estimates Committee (PAEC) briefs for the Minister and Chief Executive.
- Lead the execution of WorkSafe's responsibilities to Parliament including PAEC, and Possible Parliamentary Questions. This involves preparation of briefs, provision of administrative support to Senior Executives at Senate hearings and the coordination of Questions on Notice.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships across the business and with external stakeholders, including the Department of Treasury and Finance and other departments and agencies.
Skills & experience
- Ability to synthesize and translate complex material and issues and tailor communication for different audiences, with strong written and numerical skills.
- Experience working in a politically sensitive and policy rich environment (desirable).
- Experience working in government with nuanced understanding of policy development, Ministerial briefing, Cabinet and Parliamentary processes.
- Effective stakeholder engagement skills.
- Ability to exercise judgement under pressure.
Benefits & culture
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, contribution to gym memberships and prescription eye wear and discounted corporate health insurance rates. WorkSafe prides itself on being a great place to work.
Applications close 11th December 2018. Join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
For further enquiries please contact Narelle Bell on 03 9641 1750.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: