Leisure Services Officers (lifeguards)
City of Greater Geelong
About the Leisure & Recreation Services Department
This department is part of our Community Life Division, and aims to help people thrive and connect through active and healthy lifestyle. This department provides a great range of indoor and outdoor leisure and aquatic centres, golf courses, stadiums, and halls for the community.
About the role
Our Leisure Services Officers work in any or all of the customer service areas of aquatics, reception, gym and/or coaching. They contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the Centre on a commercially viable basis through the provision of quality service to the Centre’s customers and well as positive participation as a member of the team.
- Role model and promote Council values in all aspects of duty.
- Provide a high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Make a positive personal contribution to successful operation of the centre.
- Supervise clients in the aquatic area including active scanning of aquatics area as per training, deployment plan and rotation. Ensure area of responsibility is covered by another qualified Lifeguard when required to be away from active scanning.
- Provide first aid and emergency care.
- Perform water rescues.
- Facilitate a safe and enjoyable environment through prevention, patron education and safety.
- Carry out regular safety checks of isolated area’s as per deployment plan. These include patrons using saunas.
Key selection criteria
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate.
- Level 2 First Aid.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Must be flexible to meet the demands of the leisure centres. The position may involve morning, evening and weekend work.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to build relationships with staff and client groups.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the Position Description button to view more information about this position, and Apply now to submit your application.
Enquiries: Scott Schefferle | 03 5282 1563 | SSchefferle@geelongcity.vic.gov.au
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: