Team Leader Ndis
Team Leader NDIS
Full time, ongoing opportunity based in Geelong
- Join a nationally recognized provider of mental health and disability services, values based and a progressive organization
- Access to ongoing support and training/developmental opportunities
About this opportunity
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new service that provides support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
As a Team Leader, you will support participants across their areas of meaningful lives to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. Team Leaders will facilitate effective working relationships and communications with the carers, family, external services and other key stakeholders to help provide the most well-rounded support available for participants. Providing leadership and coaching to staff will be key to this role.
What do you need?
- Minimum Certificate 4 in Disability, Mental Health, Individual Support, Home and Community Care or other related fields
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the similar role is highly regarded
- Knowledge of key Industry legislation particularly Disability Act 2006 and other relevant legislation
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues and their carers to build strong, long lasting partnerships in the community
- You will also be subject to a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. This is a check of an individual's name against a DHHS database that records individuals who pose a proven risk to the health, safety or welfare of people with a disability. If your name is on the list, you will be ineligible to work for Wellways Australia.
In exchange for your hard work, you'll enjoy the support and care of a like-minded, passionate team with great salary packaging and L&D (Learning and Development) benefits. And most of all, you'll appreciate the fact that you're really making a difference, where and when it matters. And that feeling is pretty hard to beat.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4492775.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Steven Hull, CDS Coordinator on: 0438 516 683
Applications close 27 December 2018, COB.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunities to undertake professional training and development.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: