Colac Area Health
Chronic Disease Management Health Coach
Part Time – 16 hours per fortnight
REF # A00987
Colac Area Health currently has an opportunity for a Health Coach for the Chronic Disease Management Project for one day per week.
Salary classification will be based on qualifications and relevant experience (equivalent to Allied Health Grade 2).
The successful applicants will have;
- Bachelor's degree or higher in health promotion, health education, nursing, nutrition, other health related field or counselling. Eligibility for practising membership with the relevant professional body
- Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, stress reduction and chronic conditions.
- Demonstrated experience and achievement of independent practice in clinical area with established clinical knowledge and skills.
- An effective interdisciplinary team member with key stakeholders and care providers
- High level of interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence. Builds professional relationships and ensures skill sharing with General Practitioners and other health professionals
- Advanced assessment skills and relevant experience with chronic disease management
- Current Police Check
- Current Driver Licence
- This position is for 8 hours per week.
Further information may be obtained by contacting Alison Buccheri, Team Leader on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the above position should include a resume, address the selection criteria and have cover letter which addresses the qualifications, experience, team work and personal attributes as outlined in the position description. Applications for the above positions should be lodged at https://colacareahealth.mercury.com.au/ by 11:59pm Sunday 20 January 2019.
All staff are required to provide a current Victorian Police Check and complete a Statutory Declaration as per the Aged Care Principles prior to commencement of employment.
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: