Associate Nurse Unit Manager
- Are you a dynamic and innovative nurse looking to expand your experience and grow professionally?
- Join a team that has strong multidisciplinary connections and believes in teamwork and communication.
- Opportunity to job share for the ideal candidates
About the facility
Barwon Health’s McKellar Centre is located only minutes from the centre of Geelong. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Centre has 100 beds offering Rehabilitation, Palliative care, Geriatric Evaluation and Management, Stroke, Trauma, Orthopaedic and Amputee service located on site. The North Wing is located in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Centre (IRC) at the McKellar Centre. It consists of 32 beds, both Stroke / Neurological Rehabilitation and Palliative Care inpatients.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen to be a part of the strong leadership team within the Inpatient Rehabilitation Team at McKellar Centre on the North Wing. We deliver a high standard of holistic care to our patients in the Neuro/Stroke and Palliative care streams. You will be supported in your position with helpful colleagues, and solid education opportunities. Experience in Palliative and Neuro/Stroke is essential.
As an ANUM you will work primarily on night duty and will be responsible for the provision and oversight of patient focused holistic nursing care in order to achieve desired clinical outcomes. You will provide support and resources within the nursing and multidisciplinary team whilst being able to prioritise patient needs. Your role will be within this dynamic and challenging unit where teamwork is paramount and primary nursing is encouraged.
About the culture
The North Wing offers a dynamic and supportive multidisciplinary team environment, which facilitates optimal patient outcomes. We encourage ongoing professional development and provide opportunities for this to occur. Everything we do centres all our services on the patient and is guided by our driving values: Respect, Compassion, Commitment, Accountability and Innovation.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Centrally located at University Hospital, only minutes from the vibrant waterfront
- Our Commitment to Child Safety
- Be our future Barwon Health Strategic Plan
- Aboriginal Employment Plan
- At Barwon Health we harness a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We will embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Our organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of our staff and consumers including children, and have appropriate recruitment resources in place to ensure background checks and reference checks are completed.
- At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
- We Barwon Health is proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: