Consultant Psychiatrist - Consultation & Liaison Psychiatry
- Are you looking to make a mark in the profession of psychiatry?
- Enjoy a supportive role enabling you to develop yourself and a team of clinicians
- Enhance your career at Victoria’s leading regional health care service
- Hours: 3-5 sessions (10.5-17.5 hours) per week, negotiable
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne, Geelong is becoming recognised as a creative city-region, adaptive and enterprising. The local government has also placed a great emphasis on innovation, employment and economic growth in the Geelong region.
About the facility
Within Barwon Health, the Mental Health Directorate is a forward-looking unit with a vision to be at the leading edge of psychiatric treatment and analysis in Australia. The unit is currently seeking specialists in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry to join an exciting service in transition.
About the role
The unit is currently seeking specialists in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry to join an exciting service in transition.
Reporting to a Lead Psychiatrist (and ultimately to the Clinical Director), you will be a natural leader, collaborative and committed to being part of a larger team of around 25 VMO and full-time psychiatrists. You will also have a strong background in the training and supervision of registrars and medical students.
Those choosing to apply will have the option to live in a beautiful, affordable part of the world, or have the flexibility to commute. Geelong also has the schools, beaches and sports expected of one of Australia’s top cities to live in.
Applicants must hold the FRANZCP, be accredited as a supervisor by the RANZCP, and be registered with general or specialist medical registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
Hours: 3-5 sessions (10.5-17.5 hours) per week, negotiable
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Centrally located at University Hospital, only minutes from the vibrant waterfront
- Our Commitment to Child Safety
- Be our future Barwon Health Strategic Plan
- Aboriginal Employment Plan
- At Barwon Health we harness a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We will embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Our organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of our staff and consumers including children, and have appropriate recruitment resources in place to ensure background checks and reference checks are completed.
- At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
- We Barwon Health is proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: