- Fixed term to September 2019
- $114,580.00 plus superannuation
- Geelong based
At WorkSafe Victoria (WSV) we are dedicated to supporting all Victorians to be healthy and safe at work and to recover from any workplace injury or illness as quickly as possible. Our passion for safety and wellbeing is what unites us.
About the role
Working within the WorkSafe 2030 team, the Service Designer will design systems at scale in the health & safety and workers compensation space. You will work with a multidisciplinary team of SMEs, UX/UI experts and vendors to create digital and physical solutions.
- Champion Service Design within WorkSafe Victoria
- Understand thoroughly the service proposition of WorkSafe Victoria
- Discern the needs of all the stakeholders and actors in our services — both customers and service providers (eg, agents, health providers, registered training organisations).
- Map out the services through a service ecology, service blueprint, and user journeys
- Co-create possible solutions or improvements by collaborating with service stakeholders
- Prototype and pilot new service experiences with real customers and staff
- Zoom in and out constantly between the details of individual touch points and the design of the overall service
- Develop and deliver documentation and presentations.
Skills & experience
- Extensive professional experience in a design agency or equivalent position
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline (eg, Systems Design, Business Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design)
- Significant experience in applying Human-Centred Design, Design Thinking and/or lean start-up to design and prototype new products and services
- Demonstrated experience in designing, facilitating and documenting workshops involving a broad range of internal /external stakeholders and clients
- Make a number of recommendations from these workshops– supported by a variety of inputs and research. This will include identifying impacts on operations, clients and stakeholders and recommend a course of action to address this
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to act as a thought leader and a mentor and to drive change in a complex environment
Benefits & culture
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, contribution to gym memberships and prescription eye wear and discounted corporate health insurance rates. WorkSafe prides itself on being a great place to work.
No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Applications close at midnight on Thursday 24th January 2019. Please note that we will be shortlisting and progressing applications throughout the advertising period.
Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
For further enquiries please contact Sarah Greeney, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 03 9641 1159.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: