- $114,580 per annum + 9.5% super
- 12 Month Fixed Term Opportunity
- New State of the Art offices in Geelong
The Transport Accident Commission (TAC) is a Victorian Government owned organisation. The role of the TAC is to promote road safety through the Towards Zero road deaths and serious injuries strategy, improve the State's trauma system and support those who have been injured on our roads.
At WorkSafe Victoria (WSV), we have a clear vision – Victorian workers returning home safe every day. We are passionate about what we do and the importance of realising this vision.
The IT Shared Solutions (ITSS) Division is a collaboration area in which TAC and WorkSafe share resources to service both organisations with IT solutions.
About the role
As a Technical Specialist – JAVA, you are responsible for providing technical services across a range of applications, with a strong focus on maintaining service quality at or above agreed targets.
This role will provide technical specialists and system analysts, and the identification and implementation of improvement initiatives within technical practices such as software development and system integration, and will ensure production of documentation to enable colleagues to support, maintain and develop applications.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Design, build and implement solutions and services according to agreed service levels and standards, balancing time and quality targets. Applying advanced technical knowledge and expertise to the delivery of sustainable, fit-for-purpose solution design
- Document and perform complex deployment and environment configuration activities related to support fixes, enhancements and new development including standardising, systematising and automating where possible. Following a deployment conduct verification tests of software and correct if issues occur. Provide specialist advice to ensure best use is made of available assets
- Engage with change and release managers to deliver system changes and enhancements to the agreed standards, practices and techniques, undertaking the assessment and analysis of the change required, through to development and implementation, ensuring all required documentation is complete and usable for end users and support
- Maintain application support processes, and monitor support request delivery for quality and conformance to agreed procedures. Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedure, and that documentation of supported components is available and in an appropriate form for those providing support
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role.
Skills & experience
- Demonstrated expertise in the technical aspects of software package configuration coupled with a functional knowledge of the applications; and/or expertise in software development and configuration for custom-built applications
- Advanced professional written communication skills; proven ability to write quality business documentation, functional and non-functional artefacts, and technical documentation for a wide variety of audiences and purposes
- Experience in application support and lifecycle management, deployment management, environment configuration and software development lifecycle methodologies, tools and systems, including but not limited to; ITIL, DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Continuous Delivery and/or Rapid Application Development
- Experience in different technologies and products, including but not limited to; J2EE, HTML, XML, Oracle/SQL, CSS. JSP. Hibernate
- Experience designing, development and administrating applications hosted on IBM WebSphere
- Experience with relational database application programming e.g. PL/SQL, Stored Procedures
- Beneficial: Any exposure to ITIL Foundations, principles and application
- Beneficial: any exposure to Claims, Case and Customer Relationship Management applications, Deployment Management tools, Document Management Systems and/or IBM Integration and Product Suite
Benefits & culture
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, contribution to gym memberships and prescription eye wear and discounted corporate health insurance rates. WorkSafe prides itself on being a great place to work.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Applications close midnight 25 January 2019. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
For further enquiries please contact Keiran Jones on 03 9641 1040.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: