At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our clients and the community. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
About the role
This position will play a key leadership role both internally and externally supporting the reinvention of Worksafe's digital presence and improved information to our stakeholders. Areas of work will encompass the public website redesign and review and the redesign of written guidance material for employers, workers and service providers.
- Work with internal subject matter experts to develop written guidance material
- Champion simple, plain English content that helps WorkSafe provide information that is accessible to the whole community including people with low literacy, culturally and linguistically diverse audiences and people with a lived experience of disability
- Write short and long copy content including step by step guides and practical instructions for multiple formats
- Review and edit content created by service providers and business subject matter experts, making sure all approval processes are followed
- Support Worksafe's Transformation Communications team to provide proactive and responsive strategic and tactical communications advice, identifying and managing reputational issues, risks and opportunities
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience in a similar role, including experience in leading work undertaken by other content editors to ensure consistency and compliance with guidelines
- Demonstrated experience working in a complex organisation with specific legal requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Detailed understanding of metadata and content tagging
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital content development principals such as taxonomy and information architecture
- Comprehensive knowledge of content design for search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Tertiary qualification in copywriting for digital channels, digital content strategy, user experience design or digital marketing
Benefits & culture
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, contribution to gym memberships and prescription eye wear and discounted corporate health insurance rates. WorkSafe prides itself on being a great place to work.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process. Applications close at midnight Wednesday 27 February 2019. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives. No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
For further enquiries please contact Leigh O'Donnell, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 03 4243 8851 or via email to email@example.com.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: