Innovation Specialist - Design Research
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
About the role
The Innovation Specialist will be responsible for delivering end-to-end Innovation Initiatives. They will be staffed on various initiatives and report to the Innovation Lead managing those initiatives. It is expected that the Innovation Specialist will work collaboratively across the broader Innovation Centre team, and have a willingness to “jump in” and deliver team outcomes.
- Embrace a human-centred approach to develop solutions improving WorkSafe client experience
- Contribute to the delivery of innovation initiatives leveraging the Innovation Centre processes and tools, including:
- Work closely with product / service delivery teams to assist them in scaling-up MVPs
- Work closely with product / service owners to identify improvement opportunities by proactively capturing and analysing clients’ feedback
Skills & experience
- Able to develop HCD research strategies specific to project brief requirements taking into account time, budget and resources as well as different research methods specific to intended outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience managing and delivering projects, preferably with exposure to innovation projects, and/or utilising agile methodology
- Demonstrated experience applying Human Centred Design/Design thinking
- Experience in UX research and or design research methodologies is essential
- A technical background in graphic design or user experience design is highly desirable
- A nous for working in an embeded innovation team within traditional government structure, having to maintain an innovation mindset and process alongside working with a variety of different people
Benefits & culture
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, contribution to gym memberships and prescription eye wear and discounted corporate health insurance rates. WorkSafe prides itself on being a great place to work.
No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Applications close midnight Monday 25th February 2019. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
For further enquiries please contact Sarah on 03 9641 1159 or email Sarah_Greeney@worksafe.vic.gov.au
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: