Teacher - Individual Support (aged Care)
Gordon Institute of TAFE
- Fixed Term positions - $65,645 to $83,542 p.a. plus superannuation (subject to teaching qualifications)
- Casual positions - $68.52 to $74.02 per hour (subject to teaching qualifications)
- For further details contact Lynne Beyer on (03) 5225 0873
The role of the TAFE teacher embraces the continuum of the learning process. TAFE teachers are expected to be able to:
• provide advice and service to those enquiring about courses and training
• assess and determine the training requirements of new and existing clients
• manage the learning process for clients using a variety of teaching strategies.
TAFE teachers are expected to be competent in teaching and assessment activities that include:
• recognition of prior learning
• workplace and classroom delivery and assessment
• facilitation of on-line learning and learner support
The TAFE teacher is expected to be an innovator in order to respond effectively to the changing training demands of clients, to embrace new technology and become business-focussed in delivering training outcomes in accordance with business demands. The TAFE teacher works in a wide variety of environments and in different teaching and learning modes including flexible delivery, workplace training and assessment, classroom delivery and on line learning support.
The TAFE teacher will be expected to be able to work effectively as a member of a team and be required to be involved in a range of course/program coordination activities that support the effective operation of the teaching department and the achievement of learning outcomes for students and industry clients.
The TAFE teacher may be required to work across any campus as directed.
Key Selection Criteria:
1. Successful completion of Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110).
2. An approved tertiary qualification in one of the relevant areas of expertise:
- Certificate III Aged Care
- Certificate IV Aged Care Work
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- Diploma in Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing
3. Demonstrated current knowledge, relevant skills and industry/commercial experience including:
- Current experience working in residential aged care/ home and community care or the disability sector
- Be interested in developing and implementing online learning
- Willing to work at both Fenwick and Werribee campuses
5. Ability to demonstrate The Gordon’s values and behaviours.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: