Disability Support Worker
We’ve been supporting people with a disability since 2007. Specialising in 24-hour disability programs for individuals with multiple and complex needs, we’re proud to be a trusted and registered service provider with the NDIA, TAC, DHHS and Worksafe.
Our values are flexibility, honesty, reliability and responsiveness.
About the opportunity
We’re currently recruiting for a Disability Support Worker to join our team on a 3-month fixed term fulltime contract based in Geelong. As the newest member to our team, you’ll be responsible for providing quality services and safeguards to our Participants to promote opportunities for meaningful participation and active inclusion in society within Geelong and other regions as needed.
A day in the life as a Disability Support Worker with CareChoice, may see you supporting our Participants between the hours of 6:00am to 8:00pm, Monday to Sunday on a 76-hour rostered fortnight with:
- Conducting spot checks and visit client homes as directed
- Domestic and Personal care
- Transportation assistance
- Academic support
- Medication management
- Building on individual strengths and enabling individuals to reach their goals
As a passionate, reliable and experienced Disability Support Worker, you’ll have experience with providing quality care services, implementing behavioural strategy supports and building rapport with Participants. Ideally, you’ll have a:
- Experience with Bowel Care, Manual Handling and Epilepsy Management
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Valid Driver’s Licence with access to a comprehensively insured vehicle
- Certificate III in Disability or equivalent (desirable)
Benefits & culture
CareChoice is proud to be an EEO employer. We support an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
As a CareChoice employee, benefits you’ll be able to take advantage of include:
- Access to our Care4U employee hub providing discounts with major retailers
- Monthly Recognition & Reward for Employee of the Month
- Ongoing training and development
- Career development opportunities
If this sounds like the ideal role for you and you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you. So, don’t delay, apply today. For further information, please contact our recruitment team at recruitment@carechoice.NET.au.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: