Safety, Quality & Improvement Coordinator Public Health Unit
- Exciting opportunity to join the newly formed Public Health Unit at the largest employer in the Geelong region
- Permanent part time – 64 hours per fortnight
- Centrally located at University Hospital, only minutes from the vibrant waterfront
About the facility
Barwon Health's newly formed Public Health Unit has been chosen to be one of the Immunisation hubs to initiate the rollout of the COVID vaccination program. The roll out commenced in mid-February. Immunisation is a fast paced environment and the service will be utilising new technology to ensure the accurate recording of encounters and possible reactions from clients.
About the role
The Safety, Quality and Improvement Coordinator, Public Health Unit, provides expert knowledge and leadership to the Directorate regarding safety, quality, improvement and clinical governance activities, with a particular focus initially on the COVID 19 Immunization program. While the position has professional accountability to the Deputy Director SQI, the Clinical Director and Co-Director provide operational direction and support to ensure the SQI Coordinator is embedded in the Directorate and an integral member of the multidisciplinary leadership team.
To be successful in this role you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Healthcare qualification
- Experience in safety, quality and improvement portfolio
- Knowledge of partnering with consumers concepts and principles and demonstrated application in improving care
- Practical knowledge and experience with safety and quality performance indicators, including monitoring and reporting requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills, with the capacity to work closely with Managers and senior clinicians
- Excellent written skills, with the ability to prepare concise, accurate and informative documents including agendas and reports
- Proven ability to research safety and quality concepts, analyse information and synthesise findings into a well-articulated discussion paper or briefing
- Experience in using the Riskman system, monitoring incidents and undertaking case reviews
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We at Barwon Health strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Talent Acquisition team on (03) 4215 0520 or via email at email@example.com noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
We Barwon Health are proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: