Proactive OHS Advisor required for leading Healthcare provider, based in Geelong paying $120,000 + super
About the Role
Leading provider of medical services across Australia and New Zealand is seeking an experienced Occupational Health & Safety Advisor to join their team. This is a unique opportunity to work right across the business, covering all aspects of OHS.
The primary purpose of the Group Occupational Health and Safety Advisor role is to support the business to achieve a high level of maturity in OHS systems, hazard controls and safety culture. You will provide leadership together with hands on support and guidance to the broader business, together with achieving the Group OHS Advisors objectives and accountabilities outlined below.
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited)
- Actively participate in OHS and QA activities across the Group.
- Work with and support the Senior Management Group, Business Unit Leadership Teams, Regional and Site Managers to ensure all policies and procedures
- Support the Senior Management Group, Business Unit Leadership Teams, Regional and Site Managers to understand and progress OHS plans.
- Provide timely and meaningful OHS performance reporting.
- Design develop and facilitate OHS training, coordinate external training when required.
- Provide hands on support with the management of WorkCover claims and Return To Work (RTW) strategies.
- Develop and coordinate the internal OHS auditing and inspection programs conduct inspections and audits at sites.
- Support operational managers to identify business appropriate solutions to OHS noncompliance's.
- Coordinate and monitor OHS committee meetings and performance, attend meetings to provide support and guidance when required.
- Ensure alignment of the OHS system into the Risk Assessment Framework, Insurance and Internal Audit processes.
- Maintain the OHS Systems, keep up-to date with legislative changes.
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of new or additional processes, tools and systems.
- Develop risk based OHS plan's for each business/region across Australia and New Zealand
- Develop a training needs analysis and training plan that addresses the gaps identified in the analysis.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful for this role you will have held a similar role, have a Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety (or similar), have strong communication skills, sound judgement and the ability to handle complex and time-critical tasks and deliver successful outcomes across a range of people functional areas.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced OHS candidate who is looking to make a difference, help grow and develop OHS strategies, processes and procedures. This role is paying up to $120,000 + super
What you need to do now
To register your interest in this position please click "Apply" or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
SA Licence number : LHS 297508
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: