- Interventional radiologist position
- Opportunity to work up to 0.6FTE (3 days a week)
- Participation in Interventional On-call Service for the Geelong Region including nights and weekends as part of a rotational on-call roster
- Wide range of vascular and non-vascular intervention including treatment of peripheral arterial disease, embolisation for bleeding, radio/chemoembolisation, microwave ablation and percutaneous biopsy
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne!
- Enjoy a range of lifestyle choices including inner city, coastal, suburban and rural homes at affordable prices.
- High standard of schooling options throughout the area
- A stone throw from the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road
- Appreciate beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries
To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
About the facility
Barwon Medical Imaging (BMI) is the Department of Radiology at Barwon Health and has four imaging sites located across Geelong including comprehensive imaging at University Hospital Geelong, University Hospital Geelong Building B, McKellar Centre North Geelong and Barwon Health North, providing approximately 200,000 imaging exams per year for the hospital and community patients.
Barwon Medical Imaging provides a comprehensive range of diagnostic services including X-Ray, OPG, CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Fluoroscopy, Angiography, Mammography, and Nuclear Medicine, whilst also supporting the region with a dedicated IR interventional on-call service. These are performed by a team of highly skilled radiologists, radiographers, sonographers, nuclear medicine technologists, nurses and support staff who ensure that all patients have access to quality services. As the largest imaging provider in the region, BMI utilises State of the Art imaging equipment including Siemens Artis Zeego interventional system, the latest CT’s (5), MRI (2) and PET (1), SPECT (2), Philip’s Digital x-ray (7) and ultrasound machines (12), all supported by fully integrated AGFA RIS, Fujifilm PACS (Synapse) and Soliton dictation software.
About the role
As the VMO Radiologist you will ensure the provision of high quality, timely, appropriate specialist radiologist services as part of Barwon Health.
Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Demonstration of effective planning, performing and reporting of the range of diagnostic radiological procedures practised within the Department that are within your scope of expertise and ability in a timely manner.
- Providing expert radiological consultation as required to ensure accurate image interpretation, best practice and appropriate use of medical imaging
- Attending clinical-radiological meetings and multidisciplinary meetings to provide appropriate radiological expertise and expert opinion
About the culture
We believe that working at Barwon Health is joining a culture where people strive to work to the full extent of their qualification, capability and experience with a working environment that enables this to happen.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We at Barwon Health strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Talent Acquisition team on (03) 4215 0520 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
We Barwon Health are proud to be Totally Smoke Free
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: