Project Support And Engagement Officer
City of Greater Geelong
We are committed to working together for a thriving community. We do this by delivering over 130 services to our rapidly growing population and working hard to protect and improve what it is that makes Greater Geelong such a great place to live.
We're going through an exciting period of change that will help us serve our community better. From digital modernisation to the contemporary office we're building in Central Geelong, now more than ever is a great time to join our diverse and inclusive team.
About the Role
In this role you will be working as part of the Health & Local Laws team and reporting directly to the Coordinator Parking & Animal Compliance. You will be responsible for the development of reports for presentation at Senior Manager/Executive level, as well as the planning and delivery of actions arising from councils Domestic Animal Management Plan. You will also perform research on preventive strategies for animal incidents, liaise with a range of community groups and key stakeholders including Barwon Coast and Bellarine Bayside and provide support to both the Animal and Parking teams where required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist the department in planning, developing and delivering a range of actions outlined in Council's Domestic Animal Management Plans.
- Assist the department in the review and implementation of Council's Dogs in Public Places Policy, including the facilitation of stakeholder meetings.
- Actively promote responsible pet ownership in the community through the implementation of actions identified in Councils Domestic Animal Management Plans.
- Produce and assist in the development of a range of Council reports, multimedia promotional literature and community engagement opportunities relevant to Animal Management.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience in Project Management, Customer Service or Engagement (or a combination), strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to write and develop reports for senior management. You will be highly motivated person that enjoys engaging with the public, can work autonomously, enjoys a fast paced environment and can meet tight deadlines.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy the benefits of:
- flexible work arrangements
- paid parental leave (14 weeks)
- a healthy and safe environment
- our employee wellbeing program
- discounted memberships at Swim Sport and Leisure facilities
- career development opportunities.
Click the Position Description link to view more information about this position. Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria as listed in the position description.
Click the Apply for this job button to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.
City of Greater Geelong values equal opportunity, fairness and enjoys a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, and people of all other cultural backgrounds.
Advertised: 07 Apr 2021 12:00 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Apr 2021 5:00 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
City of Greater Geelong
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: