Consultant Psychiatrist - Eating Disorder Service
- Thrive professionally while working in a specialist Eating Disorder service within the Mental Health, Drugs and Alcohol Services (MHDAS) department
- Sessional Position
- Receive ongoing training and professional development in a supportive work environment
- Enjoy working in a great location - close to the CBD of Geelong and our vibrant waterfront
About the organisation
Barwon health is the major regional health provider for the Barwon South West region. It is one of Victoria’s largest regional health service with one of the busiest hospitals in the state, University Hospital. We serve over 500,000 people through the efforts of over 8,000 staff and more than 1200 volunteers. We provide care at all stages or life and circumstance through a wide range of services from emergency and acute to mental health, primary care, community services, aged care, and subacute/rehabilitation. Care is provided to the community through over 28 key locations throughout the region.
About the Geelong Region
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne!
- Enjoy a range of lifestyle choices including inner city, coastal, suburban and rural homes at affordable prices.
- High standard of schooling options throughout the area
- A stone throw from the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road
- Appreciate beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries
To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
About the facility
Barwon Health’s Eating Disorder Service (EDS) is a multidisciplinary specialist eating disorders service for the treatment of 0-26 year olds experiencing eating disorders. EDS operates on a part time basis on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
About the role and Culture
In this role you will be required to provide leadership in the delivery of a specialist Eating Disorder Service in the child and youth population in the Barwon Health area. You will contribute to the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Program of the service and act as a delegate of the authorised Psychiatrist as defined in the Mental Health Act 2014.
Join our team who thrive in a challenging environment, get enjoyment from being part of a highly recognised and skilled team and truly believe they have the opportunities to be their best. Most importantly, our dedicated staff live the Barwon Health way with our values underpinning all that we do.
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Centrally located at University Hospital, only minutes from the vibrant waterfront
At Barwon Health, we harness a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We will embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
Our organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of our staff and consumers including children, and have appropriate recruitment resources in place to ensure background checks and reference checks are completed.
At Barwon Health, we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
Barwon Health is proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: