Occupational Therapist (Grade 3)- Inpatient Rehabilitation Centre Scot
Grade 3 Senior Clinician Occupational Therapist – Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Are you looking for a senior clinician opportunity to develop your leadership, supervision, clinical expertise and service development knowledge and skills?
- Work part time 52 hours per fortnight (0.68eft) co-leading in a subacute inpatient rehabilitation setting supporting GEM, Orthopaedic, Amputee, Neuro and Trauma streams of care to enable patients reach their rehabilitation goals
- Work in a geographical environment supporting your lifestyle where local urban precincts, retail plazas, waterfront foreshore and gardens, vineyards, Melbourne inner city, and the Surf coast are all within easy reach.
About Barwon Health
Barwon Health is the major public health care provider in the Barwon South west region with a 406 bed public hospital (University Hospital Geelong), 100 bed subacute facility (McKellar Centre), 2 community rehabilitation centres, 21 community health sites, four aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. Barwon Health has an extensive building projects occurring with a, an integrated cancer/ wellness day unit, redeveloped library, education and research facilities, a northern suburbs urgent care/specialist consultation services facility and women’s and children hospital development.
About the role
We are seeking applications for a passionate and experienced Occupational Therapist to:
- Provide co-clinical leadership in our 100 bed subacute inpatient rehabilitation centre at McKellar Centre, particularly to the 9 OT/AHA staff working in GEM and orthopaedic/amputee streams.
- Collaboratively work with OT Subacute Site manager and 3 other Subacute Senior clinician OTs working in IRC Neuro, CRC Neuro and Subacute Trauma to provide OT leadership and excellent clinical care across Barwon Health’s subacute services.
- Join the interdisciplinary inpatient rehabilitation leadership team, providing a strong voice to collaborate with key multidisciplinary stakeholders to drive evidence based practice, workforce and service improvements
- Provide expert clinical experience to champion the pressure care NSQHS Comprehensive Care multidisciplinary portfolio.
- Preferred days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and a 1 in 4 Saturday Roster with additional financial rewards with pay and leave for weekend work.
We offer you:
- Occupational Therapy supervisor who will provide support, mentoring and professional development.
- Engagement with a large passionate and committed team of Barwon Health Occupational Therapists (over 120 staff)
- A strong culture of student education, clinical research and innovation
- Strong interdisciplinary model of care.
- A rich variety of professional development opportunities and this leadership position can open doors for a variety of ongoing job opportunities in our large organisation.
- A clear and respectful communicator and interdisciplinary team worker.
- Excellent leadership skills to advocate for consumers, colleagues and Barwon Health OT service.
- Expert knowledge and skills in the delivery of inpatient rehabilitation programs including complex discharge planning and pressure care.
- Passionate commitment to evidence based practice, consumer focussed care and accountable for providing a high quality service
- Ability to critically analyse own performance and acknowledge responsibility for your own learning
- Collaborative approach to innovative service development and research pursuits
- Role model a resilient, optimistic & flexible approach to prepare for the challenges that public healthcare is facing both now and in the years to come.
About the culture
“Our people caring for the community is what makes us great”
Barwon Health staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We at Barwon Health strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles. If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the Talent Acquisition team via email at email@example.com noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
We Barwon Health are proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: