Executive Assistant (Vpsg3)
Department of Justice and Community Safety
At the Department of Justice and Community Safety, we’re looking for people who want to make a difference. People who take pride in their work. People who get things done. People who are committed to making Victoria a safer place.
We embrace diversity and strive to have a workforce that reflects the community we serve. We’re all about recruiting the best people, regardless of gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation or cultural background. If you think you can do the job and would be a good fit for our department, we’d love to hear from you.
The department is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and recognises that children’s rights need to be respected, their views welcomed and valued, and their concerns taken seriously and acted upon.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process, or require an alternative format to any of the application material, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this ad.
For more information on working with us and our recruitment process, please visit justice.vic.gov.au/careers
We’re proud of the important work we do across Victoria. Want to be part of it?
- An exciting opportunity to contribute to Corrections and Justice Services at DJCS
- Attractive VPS Grade 3 salary between $70,791 - $85,956 + superannuation
- One ongoing, full-time role based in our Geelong or Ballarat Regional Office
The Corrections and Justice Services group provides high quality justice services that are efficient, effective and integrated around community and client needs, including correctional services that help rehabilitate offenders and contribute to community safety. It also works with key partners to deliver quality health services to corrections and youth justice.
The West Area comprises of the Grampians and Barwon South West regions involving interaction with multiple teams across all locations within these regions.
About the role
The Executive Assistant manages the Executive Director's diary and all correspondence with the Executive Director's office, particularly telephone and email correspondence, responding where appropriate and ensuring that the West Area is represented, and activities coordinated, in a professional and considerate manner at all times.
The Executive Assistant works closely with the Executive Director and Strategic Advisor to ensure a wide range of tasks and competing priorities are organised and achieved in a professional and consistent manner, including research and investigate regional and business unit administration and coordination issues on behalf of the Executive Director and prepare written correspondence, reports and briefings as required.
The role will involve high level consultation and engagement with members of the executive teams in both regions and support for West Area governance processes.
As our successful candidate, you will have/be:
- demonstrated experience in the provision of executive assistance
- demonstrated understanding of regional departmental services
- demonstrated ability to develop and maintain appropriate relationships with a large Area executive management team
- demonstrated ability to analyse issues and determine priorities in an environment of tight and conflicting deadlines, to take initiative and work under limited direction
- excellent self management
- exceptional stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- outstanding presentation skills
- sound organisational awareness
- commitment to service excellence
- good computer skills
- a team player with empathy and cultural awareness
- detail-oriented and accountable.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter that details your motivation for applying and includes the skills and attributes you would bring to the role. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment and selection process or an alternative format to any of the application material, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the contact person listed on this advertisement.
Applications close AEST 11:59pm on Tuesday 13 April 2021.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: