Create your own job! New Geelong "Start up Programme" trains job seekers to turn their ideas into a business and get qualified at the same time.
RMIT University Geelong brings a brand new government funded program called "the Start Up Programme" for unemployed job seekers in Geelong. This innovative program is based on encouraging jobseekers to take an idea and follow the training steps into starting a business whilst achieving the training qualification Certificate IV in Small Business Management. To be eligible for this free Australian Govenrment program"Start Up Programme”, you need to be:
- Unemployed or out of work, recently retrenched (can be the partner of an employed person)
- Have an idea and be looking to start a business as, for example, a self-employed, small business operator, contractor, freelancers project worker, portfolio worker, musician, actor or in the creative industries etc.
- Located in the Geelong/ Colac region
- Prepared to undertake the full training component with your business ready to commence by 30th June 2016 •
- Not eligible for the NEIS program. (ie not in receipt of unemployment benefits)
- This innovative “Start Up Programme” provides: free training by RMIT University in the nationally accredited Certificate IV in Small Business Management covering financials/recordkeeping, marketing, business operations, legal and regulatory requirements for businesses and business planning • Training will be delivered in Geelong area •
- Successful participants will receive 12 months mentor advice and business support.
- If you or womeone you know who would be interested in this program to benefit and enhance their career outcomes then please feel free to callBrett Stavenuiter at RMIT on 1800 986347/ 03 99255659 or email@example.com.